TERMS & CONDITIONS
Delivery of electronic rates and water notices will commence from January 2022.
Before you sign up, here are some things to consider:
Registration for Electronic Rates Notices
You can only register for this service or make changes under the following criteria:
- You must be the registered owner of the property to request the delivery of your rates notice. If a property is:
- Listed in another name, then you must provide supporting documentation. Examples include:
- Maiden name will require a marriage certificate showing maiden and marriage name.
- If you are authorised to act on a ratepayers behalf, you must provide a signed Power of Attorney form and letter from a medical practitioner advising the person is non compos mentis.
- Listed in a Company Name, you will need to provide a business name extract or company extract, showing the ABN and list of the name / officeholders of the company. Furthermore, if you are a delegated officer, you will also need to provide a signed letter on company letterhead by a name / officeholder of the company authorising you to receive the notices.
- Where a property has multiple owners, all owners who wish to receive their notice via email must register for eRates and give consent to receive the rate notice to the email address provided.
- By submitting an application, you are authorising Council's mailing house agent to send an electronic rate notice to your nominated email address and cancelling the delivery of a paper rate notice.
- Only one email address can be nominated per person who is an owner of a property. Any existing email address previously provided for rates notices will be superseded by the email address you provide on your registration.
- If you have more than one rate assessment, you must submit a separate request for each rate assessment number you wish to be delivered by email.
- If your application to receive rate notices by email is too close to Council's billing date, you may receive one more paper rate notice before you start receiving them via email.
- Please advise Council if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel this service, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the assessment numbers affected by the change of address.
- If you already receive your rate notice via BPay View and wish to switch to eRates, please remember to de-register your BPay View account before making this request.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not receive your rate notice in your email inbox, please check that your email filter has not diverted it to your junk/spam email folder. You can also search the word 'Rates' in your inbox to see where it may have gone if you cannot see it.
Please remember it is your responsibility to ensure you update Council with your current address and check Council's Website and other advertising avenues for when notices are issued, and payments are due. If you do not receive your notice, please contact Council immediately to request a copy. Please note the discount date for payments will not be extended due to a notice not being received.
Whitsunday Regional Council is collecting your name, address, contact phone number, details of the matter that could be deemed as your personal information and authorisation for declaration. This information will be used for the purpose of assessing your application and ensuring that we are able to remain in contact with you regarding the status of your application. This information will only be accessed by employees, contractors and/or Councillors of the Whitsunday Regional Council. Subject to the above disclosure, your personal information will not be given to any other agency unless you have given us permission, or we are authorised or required by law to do so.
By clicking on 'Accept and Continue' I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to any terms and conditions outlined above.